Tuesday 9 March 2010

You're Beautiful/미남이시네요

Genre: Romance
Language: Korean

Go Mi Nyu is just a young nun, who is excited to go to a convent in Italy. However her plans are irreversibly changed when her twin brother's agent whisks her away to become the next top boy idol! Taking her brother's place, until he returns from America, she pretends to be Go Mi Nam, the boy with the angelic voice. She becomes a part of A.N.J.E.L.L. a boy band consisting of TaeKyung, Shinwoo, and Jeremy, all princes in their own right.

Can Mi Nyu keep up the charade long enough for her brother to return?
Can she keep her own feelings in check when she begins to fall in love?

Review:
I love this drama. I admit at first I was worried I would be frustrated with Go Mi Nyu, however I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of my top dramas. From the infamous pig scene, to the random music parodies, this is a keeper. You ended up with a soft spot for each of the guys, and had a hard time rooting for just one. The absurd situations that the characters encountered kept it fresh. The supporting cast, from the manager, Lee Hongki, or Yonghwa they all did very well. (I was particularly surprised by Hongki! He had a very moving scene....)
I have to admit though, without Jang Geun Suk I don't think this drama would have reached the height it did. He was the rock for this drama; he had a great power in his character.

All I can say is watch it. There is some drama fluff, especially near the end, that may frustrate, but overall it's a great ride. I loved this drama.

The Infamous Pig Scene:

No comments: